Responsibilities and Expectations
1. Attendance at board meetings:
- Our constitution requires 6 meetings per year. The board typically meets monthly.
- Meetings are typically held on a week night; start time of 6:30; at a centrally located restaurant.
2. General management of the Club’s affairs.
3. Board members are expected to show support of and provide leadership to the objectives of the Club:
- To encourage and promote the advancement of the purebred Cairn Terrier and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection;
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as defined by the CTCA
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, obedience and agility trials, and hunting tests;
- To conduct sanctioned matches and specialty shows, including performance and companion events.