Dogs love Barn Hunt and here's your chance to learn all about it.
In Beavercreek on July 26th ( following the CRCTC earthdog test on Saturday July 25th) the club will host an Introduction to Barn Hunt seminar and workshop, taught by Greg Perry.
The seminar and workshop will run from 8:00 - 4:00 with the morning devoted to barn hunt basics, rules, and interactive skills development and the afternoon open for fun runs. Seminar participants will get one PM fun run included in their registration.
- Registration handler + dog is $35
- Additional dog is $15
- Handler-only (no dog) is $15
Barn hunt is open to all breeds and All-American mixes too. Barn Hunt is the fastest growing dog sport in the US.
About the instructor
Greg is an enthusiastic advocate, teacher and coach for Barn Hunt entrants and judges. The fourth official BHA judge, Greg has judged in Washington, Oregon, Alaska, BC, Alberta, Missouri, and Louisiana. He judged first Master Class at the First Barn Hunt Nationals held at Purina Farms in St Louis, MO. Greg is a member of the Barn Hunt Rules Committee, a member of the Barn Hunt Advisory Committee, and has conducted introductory clinics in Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Alberta BC., as well as Advanced Handling Seminars.
Afternoon fun runs - open to all
After the seminar and workshop in the morning the club will offer barn hunt fun runs (instinct and novice levels) in the afternoon. Seminar participants have one afternoon fun run included as part of their registration.
- Fun runs will begin when the seminar wraps up and is expected to be approximately 1:00 - 4:00.
- The afternoon fun runs are open to all dogs whether they were morning seminar participants or not.
- There is no preregistration for the afternoon fun runs.
- Fun runs are $5/run.
To ensure each participant (dog and human) has a positive experience, seminar registration is limited to 40 dogs. There is no limit to handlers-only who register without a dog.
Registration closes on July 21, or earlier if the dog limit is reached.
For more information
- More information about the seminar and fun runs: Vicki Havlik, firstname.lastname@example.org (503) 866-2813â€©
- For more information about the sport of Barn Hunt, go straight to the source: Barn Hunt Association.