CRCTC's CAIRNTASTIC DAY was a lot of fun and a lot of work but Oh so worth it! The weather cooperated, although I would personally like to have it cooler but it was better than a downpour
Here's a brief summary of our day:
Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019 – 9:00 am
Home of Tom & Marie Quarles
24491 S Larkin Road, Beavercreek Oregon 97004
20 total guests and more dogs than people maybe.
Setting up took a bit longer than thought. Got a late start, not sure when but maybe 10:30?
Racing, Single Elimination
- 14 Cairns total, 5 heats with 3 dogs/bitches each (except heat 2 had only 2 (dog & bitch)
- Drake is now the holder of the Barley cup.
- Phoebe is the fastest girl.
- Victoria is the fastest puppy
Lunch was great. A couple salads and a few desserts, YUM!
Muffin Tin Game – 12 cup muffin tin with 5 treats hidden, 1 minute time
- Phoebe was the fastest with 5 treats found in 30 seconds
- Doogie was runner up with 5 treats found in 55 seconds
- Eleanor came in third with all 5 treats found in 1 minute
- Emerald came in fourth with 4 treats found in 1 minute
Hot Dog Diving – 10 hot dog pieces in pool, 30 seconds time
- Phoebe came in first with all 10 hot dogs in 29.59 seconds
- Darcie came in second with 9 hot dogs in 30 seconds
- Monty came in third with 7 hot dogs in 30 seconds
- Drake came in fourth with 4 hot dogs in 30 seconds
CGC/Trick Dog Evaluations - Betsy Peets evaluator # 97081
- 2 CGC tests, 1 pass
- 1 CGCA test, 0 pass
- 1 Novice Trick test, 1 Pass
Day ended late, not sure what time, maybe 4ish.
Thank you every one for the help setting up and breaking down. Hope all had fun!!